After a long day of slaving away working (4 hours...haha) I showered, got ready, and headed over to my boyfriend's house to "start my day". We headed to one of my favorite shopping spots in Tucson, University Boulevard, where I proceeded to spend money I probably shouldn't have spent. The beauty of it all is that I don't regret spending it at all and I adore my purchases.
One of those purchases of which I adore so much, was a package of worry dolls. I don't know if anyone's ever heard of them but when I was younger, and quite the worry wart, my mom gave some to me as a gift to ease the stress of her overly anxious middle child. "Tell them your worries, put them under your pillow, and your worries will be gone in the morning," she said. Whether psychological or not, the dolls always seemed to pacify my worries during the night. Well, today at Urban Outfitters I purchased a pack. There's no doubt in my mind that the dolls are sold at Urban for "trendy" purposes, but for me, it was a blast from the past that made my day. If you've never heard of them, do look them up. Maybe you might end up buying a set. This is what they look like:

So after my mini shopping spree, I met my boy's family at La Parilla Suiza (un restarante favorita de mio) and ate a glorious shrimp dish. Following my seafood supper I had the pleasure of seeing the movie Julie & Julia. To say the least, everyone was bored and said "It wasn't as good as I expected". I, on the other hand, was inspired by it in many ways. It resurrected my love for cooking (I literally wanted to leave the theatre and make a delicious 3 course dinner!) and I found the romantic story of Julia Child and her husband breathtakingly adorable. I truly live for romance and stories like theirs melt my heart.
As a movie enthusiast, I recommend Julie & Julia for anyone who has a passion for cooking, romance, or Meryl Streep. The acting was flawless and there were plenty of comedy sprinkled appropriately throughout :)

Tomorrow will be a day full of cleaning, work, and spending time with my boy's family. Hopefully he'll be in a better mood.
Always,
"m"

No comments:
Post a Comment